Legalixa Law Firm is a full service Turkish Immigration Law Firm with a long record of excellence and professional leadership in Istanbul, Turkey. Our Turkish citizenship attorneys are ready to assist you to file for Greece Investor Program. Our Turkish citizenship lawyers represent our clients from application until they get their Turkish Passport. Our Turkish immigration lawyers also represent our clients in other immigration law issues including; extending resident and work permits, application for Turkish citizenship, filing a law suit to cancel any objections.
Greece has been a member of the European Union since 1981 and located in the Schengen area. Greece, a country which is attracting the investors’ interest due to its natural beauties and suitable climate, has been applying a residency permit program for investors in the recent years.
Greece Investor Program
Within the frame of the Permanent Residency by Investment Program which was launched in 2013, Greece has been providing permanent residence permit to investors who invest in real estates at a certain amount. Before this program was introduced, the non-EU citizens were obligated to prove that they have sufficient financial resources to cover their living costs in Greece even without working, if intended to stay longer than 90 days, within a period of time of 180 days.
Under this residency program, which is one of the programs applied in the most of the European Union countries in order to contribute to the country’s economy and increase the number of foreign investments, investors have the opportunity to travel visa free to particularly Greece and Schengen countries and also to numerous countries in the world.
Application requirements for this program are as follows;
- The applicant shall be a non-EU citizen
- The applicant shall purchase a real estate in Greece in an amount of at least EUR 250.000 to be paid in full after signing the relevant purchase agreement. As alternative of this investment option, a timesharing agreement for 10 years for a real estate in the same amount or rent of hotel in combined touristic facilities or furnished homes in the same amount for 10 years would also be sufficient as investment.
- The applicant shall have a valid health insurance.
- The applicant shall have no criminal records.
Spouses and children of the applicant under 21 ages can also be included in the application. Therefore, family members of the applicant may obtain residency permit in Greece.
The investment amount of EUR 250.000 is not required to be invested in only one real estate; the applicant may invest in more than one property at a total amount of EUR 250.000.
The residence permit is issued for a period of five years and it is subject to a renewal every five years.
Apart from Permanent Residency by Investment Program in Hungary, this program is one of the most affordable permanent residency programs in the European Union countriesi.
The program provides following advantages to investors:
- As mentioned above, the minimum investment amount for this program is low. Therefore, this program is ranked among the most affordable residency programs in Europe.
- Holder of this residence permit may travel to all other European Union countries and countries in the Schengen area as well as to 167 countries in the world.
- The spouse and children under 21 ages may also be included in the program.
- Being resident in Greece is not required in order to obtain permanent residence permit. Therefore, this program is very flexible for the investor and family members.
- The investor has the opportunity to apply for Greek citizenship after a residence of seven years. Different from the permanent residence permit, being resident in Greece is required in such a case.
- The investor may transfer the real estate to another foreigner at the end of five years period. In this case, the residence permit will be transferred to the purchaser of the real estate.
- Application processing of this program is fast and takes a short time of maximum eight weeks.
- The investor may lease the real estate to third parties.
Legalixa is one of the leading Turkish immigration law firm advising on Greece Investor Program. Please contact us for further details on Greece Investor Program.
Reach us for Greece Investor Program
Since its foundation in 1992, Legalixa Turkish Law Firm has been the choice of numerous clients in Istanbul, Turkey. Thanks to its nationally recognized Turkish immigration law practice, our firm is now one of the leading immigration law firms in Istanbul, Turkey. You may reach our Turkish immigration lawyers for Greece Investor Program by sending an email or through Contact page.