Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Legalixa is an award-winning immigration law firm in Istanbul, Turkey with an exceptional success rate in almost every legal matter we have ever handled. Our Turkish family lawyers and divorce attorneys are prepared to handle divorce cases and inform you about Turkish divorce regulations for divorce with property and children.
Our Turkish family lawyers also represent our clients in other family law issues including; contested divorce, uncontested divorce, alimony & compensation, child custody, child support, recognition of foreign divorce decree, and other family law litigation.
Turkish Divorce Regulations & Grounds
Our Turkish divorce attorneys give you sound legal advice based on the law, our experience, and the unique facts of your situation. Our firm’s family lawyers are devoted exclusively to family law issues including contested divorce, uncontested divorce, alimony & compensation, child custody & support, recognition of foreign divorce decrees, and litigation.
Turkey legally recognizes marriages executed in Turkey. Marriage is registered at a local Vital Statistics Office (Nufus Dairesi). In Turkey, all family records are recorded in the Vital Statistics office which was the original home of the family. Even if no one currently lives in that area, births, marriages, divorces, and other events are recorded in this one location.
To terminate a legal marriage it is required to obtain a divorce decree from a Turkish family court. Divorce proceedings are generally open to the public. However, at the request of either party, a judge may choose to preside over a closed or private court case. Judges may also take temporary measures for the protection of the parties, their property, and the welfare of their children.
Turkish Divorce Grounds
- Adultery, Maltreatment, a threat to life, severe insult
- Committing a crime that degrades the integrity or the prestige of the other party
- Deserting home: If one of the parties leaves home and does not return for at least 6 months without showing a valid reason and also does not respond to the Judge’s warnings, the deserted spouse may open a court case for a divorce. The party who has forced his/her spouse to leave home or who prevents the return of the spouse without any valid reason is also considered to have deserted his/her home.
- Mental illness: If one of the parties has a mental problem that is confirmed by an official medical committee report that it cannot be treated, a court case for a divorce can easily be opened.
- Incompatibility: Though this is the widest area of grounds for opening divorce cases, Defendant has the right to reject a court case if Plaintiff is found to be more at fault. If the judge, however, decides that the right of rejection is being exploited and that there is no benefit for the Defendant and the children in maintaining the marriage, a decision for divorce can be made.
Reach us for Turkish Divorce Regulations
Since its foundation, Legalixa Law Firm has been the choice of numerous clients in Turkey. We’ve always worked differently than other law firms. We are committed to remaining forward-thinking and preparing for the dynamically changing world of Turkish family law.
You may reach our law firm for Turkish divorce regulations by sending an email or through our Contact page.